Water Heaters Only, Inc Permits & Processing
By law, the state of California and your city/county requires a permit and a final inspection for a water heater replacement. Every permit issued must be inspected before its expiration date to avoid penalties and/or fees from the cities/counties.
Below are some things you will need to know about the permit process:
- You have authorized and opted to have Water Heaters Only, Inc. submit an application for your permit.
- The permit fee and processing fee have been included on your invoice.
- There is no extra charge to have a final inspection, but an inspection is required to complete the permit process.
- You will receive your permit by mail or email within 2-6 weeks. If you do not receive your permit within 6 weeks, please call (800) 835-8345 x 233 or ask for the permit desk.
- When your permit arrives, follow the instructions included with the permit to schedule an inspection.
- You are responsible for scheduling and attending the final inspection. An inspection can be scheduled by calling the city/county in which your permit was issued.
- You must have your permit present and visible during the inspection.
- There must be an adult available to meet the inspector at the residence on the day of the scheduled inspection.
- ALL PERMITS EXPIRE – typically between 3-6 months. However, we recommend scheduling the inspection as soon as possible.
- If your permit expires, due to the failure to schedule your final inspection, you will be charged a reissuance fee and will still be responsible for scheduling your final inspection.
Helpful Permit Tips:
- You can call the city/county in which your permit is issued during their business hours and reach a representative from the Building Department for help and guidance on how to schedule your inspection.
- The cities/counties will not call you to confirm your inspection appointment.
- The cities/counties will not call you to let you know they are on the way to your residence for inspection.
- On the morning of your inspection (usually prior to 8 AM) you can call the building department and find out a time frame that the inspector will be by that day.
NOTE: The building department generates a schedule of inspections each morning. This means that your schedule will not be available until the morning of the date on which you have requested an inspection.
If you have any questions regarding your permit, please contact Katy at 530-274-3001 x 233 Monday – Friday 9am to 5pm. You can also send a message and Katy will get back to you quickly, just fill out the form on this page.